Science Teacher (Biology/General)
We are excited to advertise the position of Science Teacher at Wrotham School The successful candidate will join an already high performing and highly regarded Science department to teach Science in a highly supportive school that has a clear moral purpose and respect for the professional ability of its staff team.
We pride ourselves on delivering a first class education with a consistent track record of performance at KS4 and 5 whilst allowing teachers the autonomy and individuality in their classroom that allows them to thrive in a high performance environment.
We are justifiably proud of our outstanding Science department which consistently delivers an engaging and inspirational curriculum whilst achieving strong student progress at GCSE and A Level.
Our results are above average and reflect the high standards of pedagogy and curriculum in the department.
Wrotham School is a highly successful school with high expectations of progress and character. We look after our staff and provide a rewarding and caring environment in which to work. This post is suitable for practitioners who are passionate about their subject and wish to work in a school where success is rewarded with both autonomy and competitive remuneration.
This post is suitable for ECT’s and we welcome their application. Equally, we also welcome applications from all ranges of experience.
- A passion for exciting and engaging lessons that apply real world skills to creative projects.
- A working understanding of assessment and moderation of GCSE and A level Science, “combined” and “trilogy”.
- A desire and determination to achieve outstanding results by working with all students to maximise their progress and attainment.
- A commitment to our ethos as a recognised ‘’School of Character’’.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with staff across our small trust.
- A general keenness and enthusiasm for extracurricular activity and school visits/trips and enrichment activity.
- A track record of success in teaching Science at KS4 and 5.
- A Biology specialism (not required but desirable).
- Experience of moderating Science coursework and exam papers at KS4 and 5. Exam board training and knowledge of a range of relevant qualifications.
In return the school offers:
- A highly competitive and flexible salary aimed at appointing the best practitioners.
- Access to TLR opportunities in a range of areas based on individual skillset that can be discussed at interview.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performing and happy staff team.
- To be part of the development of the Science workspaces and curriculum at Wrotham School as we transfer to our exciting new building in 2024.
- Excellent work life balance opportunities including flexible working, restricted working hours a culture of trust and autonomy.
- Working for a school that is passionate about staff welfare.
- Career development opportunities and pathways, in school and across our trust. Regular and supportive line management.
Please apply by completing one of the application forms below and by writing a letter of no more than one side explaining what skills and attributes you have that would make you the best person for this job.
Please email your application to Vicky Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Staff Application Form – Download
Support Staff Application Form – Download
Equal opportunities employer
Wrotham School is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and actively encourages applications from all potential candidates regardless of race, gender, sexuality and disability.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and check against the ISA Barred List for children.
Contact Wrotham School
We highly recommend contacting us to arrange an informal visit to the school to fully understand what makes Wrotham School such a desirable place to work.
We reserve the right to close the post early should we be able to appoint a suitable applicant.